Ear, Nose & Throat Associates of New York, P.C. Audiologists are held to the highest current standards. Nearly all hold an AuD, a doctorate in clinical audiology. They have all passed a demanding national competency examination and completed a full-time one-year internship. By virtue of their rigorous education, audiologists are the most qualified professionals to provide audiological services to our patients. In addition to standard licensure requirements each of our audiologists is involved in ongoing continuing education throughout the year, many obtaining nearly double the required credits.
- Adult and pediatric hearing testing
- Evaluation of tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Hearing conservation
- Aural rehabilitation
- Diagnostic testing of vertigo and other balance disorders.
Advanced audiological testing includes:
- Brainstem Evoked Response testing which is non-invasive, computerized method of detecting serious retro-cochlear problems.
- Videonystagmography (VNG) for the assessment of the vestibular system
- Dynamic Posturography for the identification of balance disorders related to vertigo or dizziness.
- Video Evoked Potential (VEP) testing for the evaluation of the visual pathway of the balance system in the identification of demyelinating diseases.
When hearing loss is identified, counseling is available to help patients make educated choices for the remediation of their hearing impairments. Arrangements can be made for hearing aid evaluations and fittings. A wide variety of options for hearing aids and other assistive listening devices are available.
In addition to standard options, our staff has been specially trained to evaluate patients with single sided hearing loss or chronic conductive hearing loss for Bone Anchored Hearing Aids. In conjunction with several of the practice’s highly trained surgeons patients are given the newest technology options in treating single-sided hearing loss.
For more information on audiology and its services, please visit the following websites:
|Academy of Doctors of Audiology||www.audiologist.org|
|American Speech, Language and Hearing Association||www.asha.org|
|Hearing Loss Association of America||www.hearingloss.org|
|Long Island Speech-Language and Hearing Association||www.lisha.org|
|New York State Speech, Language and Hearing Association||www.nysslha.org|